We encourage Christians to become Affiliate Members of Affinity. In doing so you identify personally with the gospel witness of the churches and agencies belonging to Affinity.

In the difficult days in which we are living it is so important for us to stand together in our witness to our nation and the world. The prayers, practical assistance and financial support of Christians in the UK and Ireland, and around the world, play a vital role in enabling Affinity to be effective in its various ministries. Affinity Affiliate Members receive a copy of our regular 'In Touch' newsletter, either by post or in digital form via email, whichever they prefer.

We warmly encourage you to consider joining us as an Affiliate Member. An annual donation of £25 for those in employment is suggested, but if you cannot afford that, give whatever you can. Those retired or unemployed may give £15 per year, or whatever they can afford.

To apply please download an application form and return it to us, either by post or email. Alternatively, we will also be happy to send you an application form by post. You will need to give your assent to the Affinity doctrinal basis which can be seen here.

Would you consider Gift Aiding your donation?

Click on the logo above to access our online Gift Aid declaration. It is quick and easy to complete and send to us at the click of a button.


What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a tax relief which benefits UK charities and provides them with vital additional income. If you are a UK tax-payer, Gift Aid increases the value of your giving by 25% because Affinity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gifts at no extra cost to you – but you must opt-in by completing a declaration.

Gift Aid boosts Affinity’s income by adding an extra 25p for every £1 you donate. Therefore, if you give £10 each month and complete a Gift Aid declaration, your giving is increased by HMRC so that it becomes £12.50 each month. An annual donation of £25 becomes £31.25 at no extra cost to you!

Am I able to Gift Aid?

If you are a UK tax-payer, you will be able to Gift Aid your donations as long as you pay a sufficient amount of Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in that financial year. The tax you pay must be equivalent (or more) to the amount of Gift Aid that all the charities you support will reclaim on your donations in that tax year. If you make a Gift Aid declaration and do not pay sufficient tax, then it will be your responsibility to pay the difference to HMRC.​

What if I am a higher-rate tax payer?

The scheme has additional benefits for higher rate tax payers. If you pay a higher rate of tax, you may be able to ask HMRC to adjust your tax code (so that you pay less tax) or use your self-assessment tax return to claim back the difference between the basic rate of tax reclaimed by the charity and your highest rate.